Day 24: Things I Like to Do When I’m Sick
- Watch LOADS of TV.
- Snuggle up with a blanket on the couch.
- Sleep a TON.
- Read a book.
- Let Ryan care for me. He’s good at it.
I’m kind of doing almost all those things right now. I’m snuggled up on the couch watching the first season of Drop Dead Diva. It’s a show with a silly underlying story line but each episode has a sweet story line. And Ryan is for surely taking care me. <3
Unrelated: here is a video I took a couple weeks back of a silly fish at the Denver Zoo. I can't remember what kind of fish it was, so if you know, tell me!
Recently, my friends have been getting Android devices and asking me what apps I use so I thought that was a great idea to list them all out for a post.
part 1 | part 2 | part 3 | part 4
Part 3 and part 4 consist of the rest of my favorite apps in alphabetical order.
part 1 | part 2 | part 3 | part 4
- SiMi Clock Widget – This is the slickest looking clock widget with built in weather and battery widgets as well. The colors and size for date, time and background is limitless.
- SMS Backup+ – This app is a must have for everyone. Not only does it back up your SMS messages so you can restore them later if need be, the texts themselves and contacts are searchable in your gmail. There is an additional option to log your phone calls as well.
- SoundHound – This app rarely fails me and it’s super easy to email myself the song info as well as share to twitter, facebook, etc.
- Starbucks – Anyone with any kind of gift card knows how easy it is to lose them and this app protects you from losing the money on your Starbucks gift card. The clerk just scans your phone and you’re good to go.
- Unlock with Wifi – I have my phone locked because I had a friend a while back lose her phone and the finder of the phone shared all of her personal pictures with everyone. Very embarrassing. At the same time, there is no need to have my phone locked while I’m at home. Welcome the Unlock with Wifi app. Your phone automatically unlocks when connected to your selected wifi (home, office, where ever you choose). This free app only allows one network to unlock your phone but the paid version is unlimited with even more options.
- Vignette – Where Molome leaves off in terms of customization, Vignette picks up. It has a million options with frames and effects. It’s really unbelievable with the number of combinations. It took me a while to find my favorite but I have it locked in now. This is the only app I’ve ever paid for and the only one on this list.
- Yelp – I was a Yelper long before the app so when the app was released, I was ecstatic. Super easy to find anything, though my favorite is restaurants. You can filter by price range, what’s open, near-by, and much more. You can check reviews and write reviews inside the app too.
Day 23: If I Won the Lottery
- I would pay off my debt.
- I would buy my mom a house.
- I would buy my brother a house.
- I would buy myself a house.
- I would have my schooling fully paid for.
- I would create my dream space.
- I would eat at the most amazing (and expensive) restaurant and not worry about the check.
- Donate to a charity. Not sure which but I would research that.
- I would see family more by flying to see them and vice versa.
- I would travel to places I’ve never been.
Over the weekend, Ryan and I were taken to downtown Denver to walk around by some friends. We went to the the Tattered Cover book store where I bought my first high altitude cookbook. We also visited the I heart Denver store where they have an amazing variety by local artists. Ryan bought a cutest needle felting kit of an owl. I will let you know how it comes out.
here are some adorable crochet scarves I spotted at I heart Denver.
Day 21: TV Shows I Wish Would Come Back
There are a-many of TV Shows I wish came back on the air but here are my ultimate favorites.
- Firefly. I’ve said it once but I’ll say it again, Nathan Fillion is RAD. Aside from that, this show was smart and fun and funny and had an all around great cast.
- Pushing Daisies. The show is centered around a pie-maker named Ned who can bring back people from the dead but not without conditions. Chuck and Ned were so cute together, and Emerson and Olive are amazing characters as well.
- Battlestar Galactica. I’m in the third out of four season but I already know that when I’m done, I’m going to want more. This show takes place almost entirely in space, and characters like Starbuck, Admiral Adama, President Laura and Boomer make it worth watching.
- Life. This show sucked me in after one episode. It’s about a detective who was framed for a murder and imprisoned for years. They give him his old job back while secretly trying to find the real murderer.
- Human Target. I felt like this show was canceled too early. I am a sucker for action and love. This show filled both of those things every week.
Here is a picture of Alice as my little super hero.