Recently, my friends have been getting Android devices and asking me what apps I use so I thought that was a great idea to list them all out for a post.
Part 3 and part 4 consist of the rest of my favorite apps in alphabetical order.
- SiMi Clock Widget – This is the slickest looking clock widget with built in weather and battery widgets as well. The colors and size for date, time and background is limitless.
- SMS Backup+ – This app is a must have for everyone. Not only does it back up your SMS messages so you can restore them later if need be, the texts themselves and contacts are searchable in your gmail. There is an additional option to log your phone calls as well.
- SoundHound – This app rarely fails me and it’s super easy to email myself the song info as well as share to twitter, facebook, etc.
- Starbucks – Anyone with any kind of gift card knows how easy it is to lose them and this app protects you from losing the money on your Starbucks gift card. The clerk just scans your phone and you’re good to go.
- Unlock with Wifi – I have my phone locked because I had a friend a while back lose her phone and the finder of the phone shared all of her personal pictures with everyone. Very embarrassing. At the same time, there is no need to have my phone locked while I’m at home. Welcome the Unlock with Wifi app. Your phone automatically unlocks when connected to your selected wifi (home, office, where ever you choose). This free app only allows one network to unlock your phone but the paid version is unlimited with even more options.
- Vignette – Where Molome leaves off in terms of customization, Vignette picks up. It has a million options with frames and effects. It’s really unbelievable with the number of combinations. It took me a while to find my favorite but I have it locked in now. This is the only app I’ve ever paid for and the only one on this list.
- Yelp – I was a Yelper long before the app so when the app was released, I was ecstatic. Super easy to find anything, though my favorite is restaurants. You can filter by price range, what’s open, near-by, and much more. You can check reviews and write reviews inside the app too.